An interactive back-end workshop created for SwampHacks 2019.
Google Slides Presentation: link
The purpose of this workshop is to help participants learn how to use Flask and Python in an interactive manner. Less slides, more code.
Since this is a back-end workshop, all front-end material (HTML, CSS) can be left untouched.
DO IT YOURSELF
- Make sure you have a working Python environment with
- Download and unzip flask-workshop.zip.
pip install flaskand
pip install pandas(in a virtualenv if you wish).
- Set appropriate environment variables (
flask run(set the
-pflag if the default port
5000is already used).
- Take a look at the running app on
localhost:in your browser. Make sure you see “Hello world!”.
- Download 0-start.py and copy/replace the contents into
- Take a look at the running app again. You’ll see some broken links. Fix them.
- Download the next file once you’ve completed each segment. Have fun!
I was hoping to do this in the style of a CTF. Then I realized it would be very difficult to serve the answer tokens individually since the participants have full access to the back-end files. I ended up giving these links out iteratively to the entire group.